My 1957 Plymouth Belvedere came with a 301 V8 and TorqueFlite and was purchased new in Long Beach CA by the previous owner.

Richard..
Los Angeles CA

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM, John Hagen <sprinthag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hmmm,

I don’t recall seeing TorqueFlight in many, if any, ’57 Plymouths without the V-800 engine in it. I suppose it was optional but how many dealers were apt to keep the cost low even on a well optioned car. It was just a matter of habit.

John Hagen

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Rawa
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 12:03 PM

To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] interesting

there's a ginger-colored 57 belv on ebay, or was recently... the 6cyl PS issue spawned recollection of something interesting about that car.. its a 2drht, power steering, power brakes, power windows, 301 4bbl car... with a POWERFLITE!!???!!

who chose all those options, if it was factory delivered as such... but kept the 1,2, thats it trans?

just odd. all that one needs is a trans swap, driveshaft, cable, actuator, buttons, bezel, and TV linkage swap and its golden!