[FWDLK] interesting

The '57 Belvedere I used to own was a 301 4BBL with a Torqueflite (and wing tips, sportone, ps, pb, tinted glass, ect). I never kept track of it but it seem that the '57-'58 Belvs I've seen have been with both trannys, I've seen manual steering and brake sedans with Torqueflites and a convert in a junkyard with a Powerflite (actually 2 '57 converts in different yards with Powerflites), I think it's probably a 50-50 chance of either trans. I know of a '57 Belv sedan with manual steering /brakes, Sportone and a 3 on the tree. Automatics were fairy new back then, I think the fact of getting an automatic trans was probably exciting enough in your new car, most people wouldn't care if it was a 2 or 3 speed.
Adam Lindenbaum