[FWDLK] 57 DeSoto Taillight Rechroming

Well, we got the rear bumper off of our Firesweep successfully and were able to easily remove the taillight assemblies. Thank you to everyone who contributed knowledge about the bumper positioning in relation to the lower part of the taillight housings. Our bumper had indeed been pushed slightly forward sometime in the past. Now that it's clear, we can repair a small amount of body damage there.

My next question is where do you guys recommend I send the taillight housings for restoration and rechroming? They're pitted from the exhaust fumes. My goal is a shop that does a good job, certainly equivalent to OEM chrome, as opposed to the high priced "show chrome" outfits in California. That seems overkill. Any recommendations? Or does anyone have a decent pair of housings they'd be willing to part with? Thanks -

Dan Davids
Seattle

P.S. The car sounds wonderful with a pair of Thrush Turbo mufflers - not loud at idle, nice and throaty under acceleration - $23 apiece from Amazon.