Re: [FWDLK] Lack of glass bowl fuel filter and hard starting

Anyone ever tried a small electric pump that works on a by-pass, or secondary plumbed in where the mechanical pump doesn't have to draw thru it?

From: John Hagen <sprinthag@xxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Lack of glass bowl fuel filter and hard starting

Simple fact that there is a goodly supply of fuel that close to the carbs should help. Them modern filters don't have all that much fuel in them and, as they are almost always at an angle, if not near vertical chances are what fuel there is drains back. I would chance a guess that it would take at least twice the amount of time turning over to fully charge the carbs without the fuel contained in the filter bowl. Especially since having one seems to have resolved at least one persons problem.

John Hagen