[FWDLK] Body Mounts

I've been writing replies on this a few times, but finally went out in the 25 degree environment of my garage and looked at several [which counts out as 13 out of the following: 16 2drht 57/8 plymouths, 1 57 2dr sedan, 1 57 2dr wagon, 57 and 58 firedomes, and 2 59 dodge hardtops, 59 new yorker hardtop]- of my fwdlk collection of only 57-9 models

now i won't say in rebuttal, because literature and manuals printed 50 years ago may say otherwise, or other than what you have in reality- and some will beg to argue.. but i have had - plymouths alone [57-58] about 60 to date.. and though I only looked at the body mounts or cared enough to on a solid 40 or so... i can say i have never seen a 2dr hardtop, 4dr hardtop, or any sedan configuration WITHOUT solid cupped washers at the cowl mount position-
[clipped quote]:
Only convertibles used cupped washers and they were used without rubber mounts.
The front mount is attached directly to the frame without cups or rubber mounts
on all models. Is yours a convertible?
i included in an email to Alan- 3 photos taken 10 min ago of 2drht body mounts on cars that have never been apart from the factory- using solid cupped washers at the cowl-  his question was what order/configuration do they go in?? THE ANSWER IS NO 2 ARE ALIKE! depending on who the tech on the assembly line was that day, the accuracy of construction/tolerances of both frame and body, will all affect how many cups, shims, washers.. etc... its up to you to understand body mechanics after aligning all soft mounts to then determine the height of the solid mount, which when shimmed, should give a 1/32" gap with all other mounts laid in place, not tight.
i've only put about 8 or 9 plymouth bodies back on frames with excellent results, including beng a part of the SEMA-bound 58 "christine clone" currently under construction by the owner of the CCC website.

the following cars were viewed in my collection to validate that [all] plymouths in question use solid cowl cup mounts: 57 savoy 2dr sedan 13xxx actual miles, 57 Fury, 57 Fury, 57 Savoy, 68xxx mile all orig, 57 savoy parts car- but 78xxx unmolested miles, 58 golden commando savoy, 58 belv, 58 belv, 58 belv, 57 belv, 57 Firedome [since it was in the lineup], 58 savoy, and last a 57 belv...

i'll try to fwd a photo of the survivor 57 fury photo body mount as it is the best... in a different email