[FWDLK] need info

Not FwdLook but need some help on 52 Chrysler, system is now set up for 8volt (special battery out of adj reg) and son wants to convert to 12 volt, which would be easy enough as I have 58 generator and regulator. The problem comes in with the positive ground (6volt) and the negative ground (12v). I also have a nice little circuit that will take the 12v down to 6v for the gauges. Has anyone else done this conversion and if so (stand by dumb question)
did the starter still spin in the proper direction?

Jim