Re: [FWDLK] DPCD and the Pentastar

Here's an interesting reference to the Pentastar and its origins....

Midway through the article it makes mention of an animated version of the 5 "pieces" of the Pentastar "vrooming" together one piece at a time in a commercial during a Bob Hope special in the early 60s.

I vividly remember that commercial from the 60s and must admit even as a youngster it persuaded me to think that Chrysler brands were superior to the competition.

I also seem to remember that Chrysler had a tag line in some of there advertising in the 60s and perhaps the 70s that alluded to "excellence in engineering", but that memory is a bit faded.  I've looked around on the internet for references to this but am coming up empty handed.  If anyone else can jog my memory on that one, I'd appreciate it!

Best Regards to All

Tom Miller

'57 300C, '70 440+6 'Cuda

>>> Brent Burger <cgico@xxxxxxxxxxx> 4/23/2013 1:42 AM >>>