From: Adam Lindenbaum <adaml57@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Newbie
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 3:05 PM

My '58 Fury's original owner order it with Manual steering, manual brakes, Torqueflite, heater, and tinted glass. If it was a stick shift and heater delete it would have been perfect! Amazingly the 426 seems to fit better than a 392 in the Plymouth chassis (with home made mounts and headers), my engine is set 3 inches back and my dual master cylinder clears the left valve cover, you have to remove the master to change the number 7 plug but it clears with no dimpling. I also have room for a clutch fan and shroud (from a '65 Dodge big block with A/C) in front because of the engine being so far back. The heater box was removed but who needs heat? I can even remove my huge Moroso oil pan without unbolting the motor mounts or jacking up the engine.  My friend  Charlie who had originally built that beast really was a mechanical wiz and put a lot of thought into the build, we lost him several years ago to cancer and it's a damn shame. I know a lot of people on the list dislike hot rodders but he was building forward look cars before a lot of you guys knew what they were and before I was born. Starting with a 318 2x4 Fury engine in a 47 or 8 Ford coupe in the late 50's, then a '58 Golden Commando Fury in the 60's in which  he ran a 14.7 ET in the quarter and held a National Record in his class with. After that a '59 383 RB with a tunnel ram and 4 speed in another '58 Fury (there were 7 '58 Furys in total from 1966 until mine).  His wife drove a black '58 Belvedere with a 360/727 Combo and a 4:11 9"Ford rear. In the 80's he had a '58 Belvedere with a 440 6BBL and fenderwell headers, a 4 speed, and 4:10 Dana (the trans, pedals, and Dana ended up in my Fury). All of the '58s up until my Fury were daily drivers and street racing/drag cars, mine was the first street race/drag/and show car that wasn't parked on the street in Queens and used every day.
 Sorry about the rambling but it's a slow day at work.
Adam