Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 8:07 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] OT: How to Bleed Dual Master Cylinder Cars

I need help and I'm hoping someone on the list knows the trick or correct procedure for this.

I just replaced the dual master cylinder on my 69 Roadrunner. This must be my youngest Mopar, as all the rest have single master brake cylinders. The problem is that I can't get fluid to flow to the rear wheel cylinders. The fronts, which happen to be factory disks, bleed just fine. I believe this problem is related to the shuttle valve in the brake distribution block. In addition to proportioning front/rear brake bias, the shuttle valve must think there's a leak in the rear brakes, and so it shuts off flow to those guys.

But how do you overcome this safety feature when you're doing a wholesale brake line replacement? By definition, there's no fluid in the lines to start with. Perhaps this is detailed in the service manual, of which I do not have a copy.

Who has done this before and knows how to make this work?

Dan Davids
Seattle

P.S. I like working on fin cars a whole lot more!
P.P.S. Yes, we bench bled the new unit before installation.

http://www.ForwardLook.net/eBay

Error in line 20 of l-forwardlook.mailtpl: unknown formatting command <<<
-> ...and with every Amazon purchase by clicking here: <-