Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Sealer for Gas Tank Sending Unit

It's a squared rubber gasket, the modern equivalent would be a viton O ring, not sure what the repop sending units come with, as far as material, but they include o rings. Vans auto sells the tanks and senders.. anyway, no chemical sealer outside of actual tank sealer or JB weld will do the trick.
Is it the seal/O ring, or the depressed area/retainer having an issue where it was sweated to the tank ? If its not a metal leak, just put in a nice new o ring, applying tank sealer externally is at best a temp fix.. been there, tried all kwik fixes... Nothing beats sweating some new lead or replacing a seal.. precautions on tank welding and soldering next week!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone