From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David F. Darby
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 12:13 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] 1955 Plymouth wheel rim

Making fair progress on my ’55 Savoy. This week I am sandblasting and painting wheel rims and will be mounting new tires on Friday.

I have a question about the interchangeability of other make/model wheel rims. I have 10” brake drums and the wheel rims are 15” x 4.5” (measuring bead to bead not outside width). However, the spare is a larger 15” x 5” rim. It has a deeper off set, but is exactly the same with regards to mounting, lug, and locator holes. Is this the correct wheel for the 11” brake set up?

I’m going to the salvage yard later to see if I can find a smaller rim. Does anyone know what other make/models will fit accurately? Maybe a70s Mopar something? I wouldn’t mind trading rims if someone has a smaller rim and needs the larger. Shipping might be prohibitive, but please let me know if you are interested.

Best,

David