From: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FWDLK] Costco batteries
Date: Wed, Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm

The F technically stands for "flange", not foreign.  Some say it stands for Ford, as Ford used that style case with a flange down low on in which a bracket was used to lock the battery in place without having to go over the top as a standard group 24 or 27.  the 24F also has the posts reversed as is the Ford requirement.  You don't want to use a 24F in a Dodge, get the right battery and forget about the 24F.

Bob J

In the battery business for over 20 years