My current battery came from O'Reilley. It is an AutoLite group 27. I upsized from the original 24 to a 27 because it was an option, I had the larger rubber tray underneath and larger hold down available, and it has more power. I selected AutoLite because even though it is a modern design, it is at least from the original manufacturer and it's black.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Bob Jasinski wrote:

Nick,

If Costco doesn't carry a group 24, then Costco doesn't carry the battery
you need for your Dodge.  I suggest you go to Napa Auto Parts.  An
alternative may be a group 27, measure your battery tray to see if it fits, it is the same height and width but is longer, and will have more cold crank amps but your tray may not be long enough. The posts will, however, be correct. The last time I checked, Costco did not carry group 27s either,
Napa is your best bet.

Bob J

-----Original Message-----
From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nick Nichols
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:29 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Costco batteries

On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:17 AM, Nick <nickangelonichols@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone know what the correct Costco battery group size would be for a
1959 Dodge? Their group sizes don't include a group 24, which is the normal group size for a 59 Dodge. They have a 24F but the polarity locations are
reversed, which would fit a Ford. Nick

http://www.ForwardLook.net/eBay

Error in line 20 of l-forwardlook.mailtpl: unknown formatting command
<<<
 -> ...and with every Amazon purchase by clicking here: <-