[FWDLK] Correct converetible top on 55 Chrysler

[FWDLK] Correct converetible top on 55 Chrysler

What is the correct original material for the top on our 55?

Have been planning on installing a vinyl top on our car but just got to thinking that a cloth top might be correct instead.   I know cloth is correct on 49 and 50 Chryslers and not sure when it changed.    Anyone know??

I have original color and upholstery manuals but they don’t have samples of the tops at all darn it.

Anyone know when the materials changed?