Re: [FWDLK] NAGS Spec Sheet for 1956

I’d like to see it too.  I’m having one heck of a time getting the stainless to fit right on my ‘55 DeSoto Sportsman rear window. Same as ‘56.

--Roger van Hoy

Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:29 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] NAGS Spec Sheet for 1956

A couple of years ago some one sent me a copy of the National Auto Glass Specifications for 1956. I used it to get a windshield Gasket made for my 56 DeSoto.
Since then a Computer Crash took it & a lot of other stuff. As I'm about to start on the Interior, especially the Headliner. I checked it out in my Shop Manual. It seems you must remove the rear window gasket to install the headliner. Since mine is hard as stone, I figure to replace it when the headliner is installed. I'm not looking forward to re-installing the exterior Stainless as it all overlaps & is really hard to get right.
I'm looking for a new copy of the 3 pages which covers 1956 Chrysler/DeSotos.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Later.

Robert Tittle
56 DeSoto Firedome 4 door Sedan