Re: [FWDLK] 1959 Dodge Coronet brakes, suspension

Re: [FWDLK] 1959 Dodge Coronet brakes, suspension

I agree with John Hagen.  When I put my 56 Fury back on the road after a complete frame off resto, I did most of the front end alignment myself.  I set the initial alignment while laying on my garage floor with a tape measure to get the wheels pointed in the same direction.  Then to the alignment shop where I had to show the "mechanic" all the adjustment points and the service manual so he would know what was supposed to be done.  None of this was in his computer, so he kinda guessed.  After I left the shop, I finished the alignment by feel as to how the car drove.  Then I watched for tire wear.  At 3600 miles when I sold it, all was well.

    John Teske