Re: [FWDLK] lug nuts 1956 Mopar?

yeah, I think the thread is 1/2-20, but somebody should double-check me on that.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:15 AM, John Hagen <sprinthag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

¾ socket for Mopars.

John Hagen

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike @ Sharon Higgins
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 7:17 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] lug nuts 1956 Mopar?

I’m not sure how much this will help, but I think they are 13/16” socket size, with a 9/16” hole. But two things I am more sure about: The lugs on the right side are left hand thread, and the ones on the left side are right hand threads; and the front are bolts, into holes and the rear are nuts, screwed over studs.

I think it was the signs of Chrysler Corp having all the best and most safety and performance character traits of the generation. I remember when Chrysler introduced it’s Electronic Ignition, ahead on GM. I know the Pontiac had a form of electronics, but Chrysler made it for the full line. Chrysler’s “Alternators” were also a sign of the ingenuity shown by the engineers.

The basic idea for the lug bolts & nuts was to “force the bolts & nuts to tighten, or keep tight, the nuts or bolts on each side of the cars”. The idea came from overzealous engineers that time, but all of the Chrysler brands would brag about the “extra safety”.

fun times!

mike higgins