From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Rawa
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 10:08 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] trans kick down, linkage and rod kit for a 1959

iron torqueflite on a '69 engine?  this will only work after you swapped the crank for a 59-61 383RB or 413 unit as the converter for the iron TF/PF uses the 8 bolt extended flange crankshaft.  Also- you should just run a 62-65 cable shift 727 instead of the iron trans...

and as for the TV linkage [not really [only] kickdown linkage].... you can use the PF bellcrank, but cut it and moce the pivot ball to be 1/4" down from the throttle rod attachment pivot ball, the fulcrum point from TF to PF is substantially different, as is the travel of the throttle valve in the valve body. lengthen your rod from the bellcrank to the trans lever, start with WOT as full TV pressure, and work donw from there to tailor you shift points.