Re: [FWDLK] RB 383 cam

On 8/3/2014 6:30 PM, Roger van Hoy wrote:

    *From:* Bill Parker <hemirr@xxxxxxxxx>

    Thanks for the input guys.  I agree about the oil. I've driven the
    car a total of about 10 miles since buying it from another list
    member who also didn't drive it during his ownership I believe.
    There is a receipt from a commercial garage showing a ring and
    bearing job, but the receipt has no date on it.  The inside of the
    engine is very clean and the oil isn't bad either so since that
    minor overhaul it must have been reasonably maintained, but of
    course with low ZDDP oil like we are all stuck with in the
    mainstream oils.  I'm thinking of using rotella once I'm back up and
    running since I don't have a converter to get clogged up with zinc.

    Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana, harboring of bunch of
    old and newer Mopars

snip