Re: [FWDLK] Early HEMI (270) Standard Transmission

Re: [FWDLK] Early HEMI (270) Standard Transmission

Thanks for the direction, I just talked to them.
Looks as if I can get what I need.
Looks like I will put a 318 aluminum bell housing to my 270 with HotHeads adapter and aluminum flywheel, and connect the manual '55 clutch linkage and a 4 speed transmission. If I can find a 4 speed trans with the drum emergency brake then I won't need to swap out the '55 stock rear housing. Otherwise I will weed to source an 8 3/4 rear housing so as to have an emergency brake.
Does all this sound correct???
 George

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 2:05 PM, paul <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2/3/2015 1:25 PM, George McCollam wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
> I'm looking to find some way to fit a MoPar 4 speed transmission behind
> an early HEMI. It is a Dodge 270 with a three speed manual overdrive
> currently, in a 1955 Dodge.
>  Has anyone had any experience doing this?
>  I did talk to someone that fitted an S10 5 speed behind an 354, but I
> just like to stay old school as well as all MoPar.
> Over the years I would think that someone has already done this???
> Any help or conversation would be helpful.
> George

I think you can check with these folks,

http://www.hothemiheads.com/

--
Paul Holmgren
If No one comes from the future to stop you from doing it,