Re: [FWDLK] Radiator

On 6/23/2015 10:01 AM, Rimington, Kenneth wrote:
Yesterday I was herding kittens!!  I have the radiator out.  There were
a couple of leaks in the tubes that I soldered.  There are a few
extremely small leaks where the tubes enter the top tank.  I am unsure
how to get heat, flux and solder in to the leaks. Any ideas?
*Kenneth G. Rimington****Orbital ATK Launch Systems*
Electrical Design Engineer              PO Box 707,  Mail Stop:
UT40-B/1/H-21
Test Instrumentation and Integration    Brigham City, UT 84302-0707
_ken.rimington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:ken.rimington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>*(435) 863-6592*

It's been some time now that I hung around a shop and watched one of
the repairs I needed. I do recall the operation used a fair sized
flame for the heat part. BIGGER then one would get with any home
equipment. Seem to think the shop I used had a 1-1/2" to 2" diameter
gas torch nozzle he used to get the uniform heat needed for proper
soldering. And once he got started he had to do it all before
stopping.

--
Paul Holmgren
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson, New York, September 9, 1912