Re: [FWDLK] 57 Custom Royal Lancer D500 badging

In 1957 there were 2 different D 500 badges on the right side of the trunk lid, one had the letters 500 on it and the other one had the number 501 and was extremely rare. Both were red and black with golden knight helmets on them.

Ron Allyn Swartley

In a message dated 9/3/2015 5:31:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, glpavlovich@xxxxxxx writes:
Daniel,

I place my "bet" on the lighter chassis; '57 Firesweep, if it is indeed
lighter.
Gary Pavlovich
56 Plymouth w/Poly 318 Stroker

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Davids
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 11:22 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] 57 Custom Royal Lancer D500 badging

Fellow Forward Lookers,

I’m currently doing a bit of overdue tuning and sprucing up the engine
compartment of my 1957 CRL.
My example is two-tone green with the D500 engine option (325 hemi, block
stamped KD500).

I have a question about the badge on the trunk lid of this year, model, and
engine option.
Should it not have a red and black “500” emblem in place of the helmeted
lancer with spear?

The brochures for this year Dodge are pretty short on explanation of option
packages.

Cheers from wet and soggy Seattle — a nice change from 10 weeks of straight
sunshine (not normal),

Dan Davids

P.S. Once we get her running again, we plan to do a runoff of sorts with my
57 Firesweep, which as the 325 poly.
The numbers for horsepower and torque would say the CRL is quicker, but my
son thinks the lighter weight (lower trim) Firesweep will prevail. Bets?

http://www.ForwardLook.net/eBay

http://www.ForwardLook.net/Amazon