Re: [FWDLK] GHM, GJC or CGA Generator -- Which one do I have?

On 9/28/2015 7:52 PM, Dave Homstad wrote:
John,

The generator series is part of the AutoLite P/N on the metal tag
fastened on the generator. If your generator is an aftermarket rebuild,
the original label may have been removed by the rebuilder.

NAPA should also be able to provide a replacement for the AutoLite P/N
on the old voltage regulator.

The difference is likely related to the charging system current output.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

From: "John Williams"
Sent: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 19:22:37 -0400
Subject: [FWDLK] GHM, GJC or CGA Generator -- Which one do I have?

I have a 1957 Dodge Custom Royal with the 325 Engine.  NAPA has two
different voltage regulators which they say will fit this car.  One –
the VR204 – is for a GCA Series generator.  The VR206 is for the GHM or
GJC series generators.

How do I determine which one I need?

Thanks for your help!

John Williams

1957 Dodge Custom Royal

GHM   heavy duty service, probably 35+amps,  vrx-6201a regulator

My 57 edition of the autolight cattylog doent list the GCA, it does list a GGA and a GJA and GJC all using the vrx-6201A regulator

Other autolight catty logs might show updated info ???

--
Paul Holmgren
If you think Space is the Final Frontier,