[FWDLK] 1970 440 & 1958 trans in a 1956 Dodge how can they bolt up?

[FWDLK] 1970 440 & 1958 trans in a 1956 Dodge how can they bolt up?

Hello all….

As some of you know I have a 1956 Dodge with a 1969 440 and a 1958 Torqueflite…..Well long story short (and man is the story long) the 440 is now scrap….

I bought a rebuilt 1970 440 BUT it will not bolt up to the trans. Anyone have experience with this sort of swap?

From what I am learning is the previous owner swapped a crankshaft from an older big block maybe a 413 or 426?? into the '69 440 that allowed them to mate up. Is there a kit or anyone know what crankshaft will work in my new 440 that will allow them to bolt up? OR is there a kit???

I am also thinking maybe just reworking my old crankshaft and put it in my new 440, but am hoping not to open up the new engine….

Ideas comments are all appreciated.

debenson2