Re: [FWDLK] Converting from generator to alternator

I've tried searching online for "NAPA P/N VRF 35.  Voltage Regulator Fuse 35 amp." and haven't been able to locate.

Are you referring to adding a fusible link?

On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:35 PM, "vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What years were the power steering pumps mated to the generator? That would make it difficult to convert.

Roger van Hoy

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Tablet

------ Original message------
From: Lou Vecchioni
< div dir="ltr" style="margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;">Date: Wed, Jun 22, 2016 6:29 PM
Subject:Re: [FWDLK] Converting from generator to alternator

Also, Many alternators put out more amps than generators, and the wire going to the ammeter might be undersized for the job.  I Read an article somewhere about bypassing that or adding a parallel circuit so as not to overload that circuit and cause a fire.   Can't find it at the moment.

Lou