 So, now my choice is 727 trans: Do I use the one already attached to the 440  and change out the rear axle assembly to get an emergency brake? Or do I use a 727 I have that has the drum trans brake tail piece and keep the '56 rear?
 Also the paint has a nice patina, not show Quality... so I found a product that claims to be able to cover any patina and protect  from further degrade... What to do you think??? I think Eastwood sells it.
 George

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 8:51 PM, Gary Pavlovich <glpavlovich@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Good information Dave.  I can also attest that my manual steering 56 Plymouth is extremely easy to steer with the 277 V8.  The Poly (approx. 611lbs.) weighs in a bit less than the 440 but not enough to be concerned with changing suspension components...and the the alum. case 727 with convertor is a lot less than the cast iron Powerflite.
Gary Pavlovich

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Fw: Combining incomplet projects

George,

Because of the large diameter 56 Dodge steering wheel and the steering gear box ratio, my 56 Dodge steers very easy without power steering. At any speed over 2 mph it is very easy steering.

When I installed a 727 into my Dodge behind the original Dodge Hemi, I did not have to relocate the trans crossmember.  The length from the front of the trans to the trans mount is the same on a 727 as a PowerFlight, however I think manual trans are different.

Dave Homstad