Re: [FWDLK] Clocks and radios

Dave offers a great explanation. Here's a company I'm considering AM FM Conversion of OEM radios  (I've already purchased their dual voice coil dash speaker). The hyperlinks in the text offer some useful video's and I believe as Dave stated that all the conversion companies are offering this system. Read the text as it offers a good explanation of what they do. I'll be sending my radio in in a couple of weeks. It's important to note that the outside cosmetics don't receive any work or alteration. Also, older original radio-speakers have a different ohm rating than modern radio's so matching the vintage is important to avoid burning up the speakers.

On Monday, February 6, 2017 11:26 PM, Dave Homstad <dhomstad@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Larry,

I had my 56 Dodge Town & Country signal seeking radio updated to AM/FM. I am very happy with the conversion. The circuit cards used for all these conversions originate from one source, and are sold to many radio repair/restoration shops around the country. The only variation is the quality of the conversion workmanship. The local shop I used 10 years ago did an excellent job, with no failures since.
Contact:
http://www.turnswitch.com/

They also sell a line of modern speakers for old cars and their radio conversions.
You can get your conversion compatible with portable CD, portable cassette, your old under dash Delco 8-track player, MP3 player, XM radio, Apple iPod/i-Phone/i-Pad through headphone jack, Bluetooth option allows wireless hands free cell phone and music streaming, run on 6 or 12 volt, negative or positive ground. Output is up to 40 watts per channel, stereo or quadraphonic.

Dave Homstad

56 Dodge D500

From: "Larry Ashbaugh" <000003991ab8a71e-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 06-Feb-2017 16:01:14 +0000
Subject: [FWDLK] Clocks and radios

I am looking at having a clock and radio added to my 59 Coronet and restored to working order.  Not sure of the clock's condition, as is off of eBay as part of the cluster of a parted car (mine did not come with a clock), so I assume it needs refurbished.  Same for the radio, as the car also did not come with a radio.  So I would like some recommendations on who some of you have used (I see Ward's Radio mentioned by some).

Also, a question:  Did Chrysler wire the wiring looms for a radio and a clock, or will they require additional wiring to accommodate these upgrades?  And, did anyone have the FM or other upgrades done to their radios?  If so, was it worth the money and well done?

Thanks,

Larry (Akron)