[FWDLK] 57 341 Block Casting Date Question

[FWDLK] 57 341 Block Casting Date Question

Hello, fellow Forward Lookers.

I’m trying to decipher the casting date on a 57 DeSoto block.

It is stamped at the front top with S26-I9047  (an I, not a 1). So it’s a 1957 341 hemi.

On the driver’s side next to the valley cover are the cast digits 3 27 6

Are these the block casting date numbers? How to decipher? If they aren’t indicative of the casting date, where is date on block?

Thanks — Dan in Seattle