{Chrysler 300} 1964 wiper motor gear

Can anyone tell me when the motor arm is in line with the motor body (which the service manual says to do when rebuilding the motor) , which way is the gear switch follower, the open end of the hose shoe, supposed to point?

Bob’s video does not show the relationship between the motor arm and the nylon gear center follower open end. The service manual states that the open end should point toward the arm end, but the rectangle cut shaft only allow it to be at 90 degrees to that arm. So, which of the two ways does it go? Is it possible that it does not matter?

Like an idiot I have photos of everything but that.

I am working on it now; anyone have an idea?

James

---