[Chrysler300] Ethanol and fuel pumps - reply

[Chrysler300] Ethanol and fuel pumps - reply

Hi Bob,

Summit Racing sells Carter  CRT-M 6903 fuel pump. This is what I buy.  It's
a visual dead ringer from a stock, original pump, and is brand new in the
box.   Cost $59.95 as per catalog. www.summitracing.com ; described as
"street pump - sating finish" . Best deal in town !

There are also plenty others - Nickel-plated polished finish # CRT-MP5903
for $99.95;  Strip pump (8.5 psi)  CRT M-4862  for $61.95 ; then there's
Holley # HLY-12-440-11 for $109.95 .

Don't ask me about ethanol compatibility ; the persons to ask would be the
manufacturers, I guess.  Here, too, the gas sold is mixed with Ethanol.

I've bought and used  CRT-M 6903 's for a few years and have never had a
problem. Unlike yourself, I will NOT go look at my pumps to see if they
leak - if I do, guaranteed I find something wrong.  If I don't, everything
will remain OK.  Ignorance is bliss, and I carry a fire extinguisher !

Nice Memorial Day weekend in these parts.  Had "Refin", the red "G" convert,
out for a spin, showing Club member friends from CA the sights. Hope y'all
have a good Memorial Day !

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY