Re: [Chrysler300] Ethanol and fuel pumps

Re: [Chrysler300] Ethanol and fuel pumps

> Funny thing, after posting the earlier note about my experience with ethanol eating hoses and fuel pumps, I went out to drive my 72 Polara for the first time in a few months, and it wouldn't start.  After looking closer at the fuel pump, it was leaking from the diaphragm too!  Another one.
I sure hope Bush approves our CA waiver so we don't have to use the federal "oxygenate" any more in our fuel.  The oil companies say they can meet all the specs for CA fuel without the oxygenate.  Some rumor that Bush may approve our waiver request to lower the price of fuel out here.  I guess it will come down to how much he favors the farmers and their votes.  Interesting that an earlier note from a guy in the farm belt supported ethanol for his new cars, but doesn't use it for his old ones.  I wish we had the choice in CA!  And ethanol make our air quality worse too.
Steve Albu

> From: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2004/05/30 Sun PM 06:33:19 EDT
> To: "Chrysler 300" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Chrysler300] Ethanol and fuel pumps
>
> After the discussion about ethanol last week, I decided to call the offices
> of the independent gasoline dealer that I usually by gas at for the G.  I
> was told that ethanol is now mandatory in California and has been since the
> beginning of the year.  He mentioned they use a 5.6% mixture. Seems as
> though we Californians no longer have a choice other than to buy out of
> state fuel to avoid ethanol.
>
> I fired up the G today for the first time since November.  In doing so, I
> paid close attention for any new problems, leaks etc.  Well, low and behold,
> I have a fuel pump leak, and it's from the diaphragm.
>
> Has anyone replaced their fuel pump lately?  Did you get a new stock pump,
> and if so, where did you buy it?  I would like to get a new pump, which
> hopefully has a ethanol resistant diaphragm.  I will call around tomorrow,
> but perhaps someone out there could point me towards a major parts store
> that carries them.
>
> Just a side note, Hemmings has an ad for a black 300G convert for sale in
> the 925 area code.  I called on it (already sold) and had a nice chat with
> the seller.  he had the car for 26 years, hasn't driven it in the last 15
> years, and is about a 30 minute drive from me.  What amazes me is that I
> never knew this car existed and yet it was so close by.  You just never
> know!
>
> Bob

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm