Re: [Chrysler300] running temp

Tim;
It sounds fairly normal. You might want to check your guage against another
thermometer. Use a big kitchen thermometer, like you stick in a roast, and
leave it in the fill hole of the rad while the car warms up. Then keep
checking it against the dash guage to see if they are in the same range.
Dash guages are "more or less" accurate, and are mostly for general
referance only. They are not exact scientific guages.

The purpose of Anti-freexe is as much to raise the boiling point of the
water in the system as it is to lower the freezing point. That, along with a
12-14# cap keeps the water from boiling at 212. With the higher pressure,
the boil point is raised to about 240, and the engine runs at a "normal" 220
degrees. This is why you never open the cap on a hot engine, the release of
pressure instantly allows the 215-220 degree water to boil.

Enjoy, Ray
--
Great long Distance Service, at 3.8 cents per minuts, on line billing and
payment, and no fees: <http://www.pioneertelephone.com/TellaFriend.asp>

Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas

> From: greektruck@xxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:14:12 EDT
> To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Chrysler300] running temp
>
> hi, its ti again. i have a question, obviousally.
> on my 64 K, brand new aluminum radiator, ( no hurting car, its ok ) new 440 w
> / alum head, a homemade fan shroud helped, and i have an electric fan in
> front of the radiator, for questionable times ( not that it will do much )
> my question is, at what temp do your 300's run. on a relatively warn day,
> about 85 ish ( california ), she runs at 180 freeway, and 200 - 210 on street.
> 220 max i have ever seen. i would have shut it down past that. cool day 160 /
> 190.
> is this close to any well running one out there? or do i have to figure
> something out.
> new hp miloden water pump, clutch ( factory ), 7 blade fan, high flow
> thermostat, cap. all is in good working condition, just worried if to warm.
> other big
> block cars wernt this hot.
> just asking, thanks, tim

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx