[Chrysler300] Grabby brakes

Mike:

It has been a long time since I worked on brakes but I do recall that if
I got my greasy thumbs on the shoes or if any other oil, grease or brake
fluid got on them, it became necessary to burn it off by repeated hard
braking.  Also, new shoes in old drums that had not been turned took a
while to get grooved and worn to get good contact with the old rough
drum.  If the drums were turned, the shoes were sometimes "arced" to
better match the larger drum ID.

Please work hard on getting the brakes working consistently and
smoothly.  You, your passengers, fellow drivers and the G are too
valuable to put at risk due to faulty brakes.

MoPa'r to ya from

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
C-300 (Getting new back brake job this week.  The Les Fairbanks drum
puller worked great!  Thanks, Les)

Michael & Joanne Casella wrote:

>Hi everybody,  I went to install the NOS window motor in the passenger side door in the G only to discover that there is this  aluminum piece that is attached to the motor by 2 extra long screws which holds the gear head and it is missing. If anyone has this piece I would be interested in purchasing it. BTW the pulling to the right by the brakes has stopped simply by driving the car up and down my rode and applying the brakes a few dozen times. However the brake peddle still goes almost to the floor even with a NOS master. I recieved this car with silicon fluid in the brakes. I notice that the brakes are more consistant when the temperature is in the 80's.  At night coming from the local car cruises when the temp is in the 60's the brakes will pull alittle to the left then to the right and the peddle height will change but still remains low. Any and all help especially with that window piece would be appreciated.  Mike C phone 845 528 2576
>

>---

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>Yahoo! Groups Links