[Chrysler300] Hurricane Charley and aftermath

[Chrysler300] Hurricane Charley and aftermath

I am just now getting back on my own computer after having used friend's
machines for the last week or so following the direct hit if hurricane
Charley on Punta Gorda, FL.  As you know, we own a 1961 Chrysler 300 "G"
hardtop ("RG") and a 1968 Chrysler 300 convertible ("Ruby").  I thought I
would let you know of our story.  We personally made it through the 174 mile
per hour maximum winds (145 mph sustained winds) with some roof, pool, trim,
A/C damage to our home.  It will be months until they can help us as there
are many local residents with no where to go.  Marilyn and I held the front
door of our house closed for about two hours in spite of having storm
shutters on the opening.  We are glad we did as our neighbors did not and
their door broke the threshold, popped open and allowed wet leaf chucks to
be sprayed throughout their home.   YUUK!

RG waited out the storm in a friend's residential garage.  The home is older
so before the storm hit, I strapped 2x4's on the garage door (diagonally)
and then pushed RG against the boards so that his rear bumper firmly held
the boards to spread out the wind force against the door.  He did a great
job as the door held when many in that section of our neighborhood failed
and collapsed on the cars inside.

Ruby was staying in a local community garage with fellow classic cars (like
a pole building).  We feared the storm surge (predicted to be 18' with Ruby
sitting at 7' from sea level) would be her worst problem.  Fortunately,
storm surge never materialized.  Ruby's garage was destroyed.  Roof gone
with only walls remaining.  She was scratched a few places on hood and trunk
from falling debris.  Thankfully we were able to back her out the day after
the storm and took her home to recover before the bull-dozed the garage
remains.  The F**d Model A roadster sitting near her was partially crushed.
In all, we are fortunate to have Ruby among our midst at this point.  She
was covered with wet insulation debris (like fiberglass spit wads) and leaf
/ pine needle residue.  She is not quite as good as new but still on 4
wheels.

Hope all is well for the remainder of 300 lovers everywhere.  Thanks for
thinking of us in this area while we were fighting off Charley.

Sincerely,

Bradley R. Teets, CPA/PFS, CFPR

Bradley Teets is a registered representative of and offers securities
through Kovack Securities, Inc.

Member NASD / SIPC  Phone:  954-782-4771

The information contained in this report or information provided does not
purport to be a complete description of the securities, markets, or
developments referred to in this material. The information has been obtained
from sources considered reliable, but we do not guarantee that the foregoing
material is accurate or complete. Expressions of opinion are as of this date
and are subject to change without notice. This information is not intended
as a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any security referred to
herein. Past performance may not be indicative of future result.  No buy or
sell orders can be accepted using email. Please call our office
(941-205-2000) to place an order.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used