Re: [Chrysler300] Steering Wheel Restoration

Re: [Chrysler300] Steering Wheel Restoration

Good timing Rich.  This past weekend I attended the Goodguys meet(a huge
show with numerous major vendors and their tractor/trailer displays).
Steering Wheel Restoration had a booth their and I spoke at length with the
owner Mr. Crooks, in particular steering wheels for 55 and 56 300's.  I had
discussed this with him last year at Barrett Jackson and he had told me that
his problem in creating this wheel(a very difficult one I may add because of
the stainless and chrome dress ups) was finding a perfect wheel as a basis
for a mold.

He now says that he has one(acquired at Hot August Nites in Reno.  Says a
find 56 Windsor sale for 1,500.00.  He axed to buy the wheel only, was
turned down so bought the car and told the owner that once the wheel was
removed that he could have it back.  The owner declined his generous offer
to keep the car).

So he now has a wheel, says could probably have repro's done by next Barrett
Jackson in January of 05.  The cost is high but as the man once said, he
knows the poker game is rigged but it is the only one in town.  The price
will be roughly 2000.00 each.

I am uncertain if the 55 and 56's are the same, but I suspect so.

His quality is by far the best that I have seen.  He had display models at
the show of  59 and 60 Chryslers and some other years.  I think that
59/60/61?? was only about 900.00.  Yes I know I said "only".  I would love
to have one for my B but 2 big ones is a lot of dough.  Perhaps if enough
interest we could order a number of them at a discount.

Check him out at www.qualityrestorations.com

Now for the sill plates.......................

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calyfornia