Re: [Chrysler300] Torqueflite Throttle Linkage

Re: [Chrysler300] Torqueflite Throttle Linkage

If I remember correctly, you shorten the link, so it pushes the lever less.
There should be a pair of holes in the throttle linkage bell crank, between
the carbs, that lines up with a hole in the ram manifold casting with the
linkage at idle position. What you do is pin the bell crank in that
position with the right-sized drill bit and adjust the length of the link
down to the trans so that it will just fit onto the fire wall bell crank
connector, with the link pulled lightly all the way forward.
Confusing? you could just shorten the rod a little and see how it works.
Mike

At 01:13 PM 8/30/2004 -0400, pennsy300@xxxxxxx wrote:
>I recently had some work done on my 300F's transmission, and I think the
>throttle linkage is not properly adjusted.  The 1 - 2 shift, even under  very
>light throttle occurs at too high a speed, and is somewhat
>abrupt.   Question: do
>I shorten or lengthen the linkage at the adjustment point near the
>transmission?  Thanks in advance.  Terry McTaggart, Dayton Ohio,  somewhat
>north of
>Cincinnati.  Also in Ohio.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used