Re: [Chrysler300] Parking Light & Flasher Problem-'63 Chrysler 300

Re: [Chrysler300] Parking Light & Flasher Problem-'63 Chrysler 300

Hi Mark;
Start with the obvious, and check the fuse for the park circuit, better yet
check all fuses.

Since the park lights worked before and not after, then a wire is open or
loose from the switch replacement (if you didn't blow a fuse installing the
switch).

Check and see if the wireing harness junction block on the firewall is
loose/corroded. This is the big rubber plug with all the wires comming thry
the firewall near the Master cyl. An often overlooked bad spot. If you have
the wiring diagram and know the color code for the Right front T/S wire,
check on the inside of the plug (under the dash) and see if you have power
there and then on the outside (under the hood) and see if power is coming
thru. It may have a bolt thru the center holding the two halves together.
you might want to pull it apart and clean it anyway, it's good maintiance.

Good luck and let us know what it was, Ray
--------------------------------------
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas
All Y'all come visit, Y'hear?

> From: "Mark Lindahl" <mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:46:06 -0500
> To: <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Chrysler300] Parking Light & Flasher Problem-'63 Chrysler 300
>

> Hi All,
>
> I need some help with a flasher and park light problem.
>
> I replaced the turn signal switch (cancellation tabs were broken) and the
> right turn signal was intermittent.
>
> Before: Left Turn Signal worked fine.  Right only lit in back, not in front
> and does not flash.
>
> Before: The parking lights worked fine.
>
> After (replacing turn switch) Left Turn Signal works fine.  Right only lit in
> back, not in front and does not flash.
>
> After (replacing turn switch) Parking lights do not work.
>
> I checked for continuity at the front and there is no power.  Any ideas?
>
> Bad Ground or loose wire?
>
> Thanks-
> Mark Lindahl
> '63 300 Conv.