Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Chrysler be warned re new 300 - TBird bites dust?!

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Chrysler be warned re new 300 - TBird bites dust?! (als...

Roger and All:
First of all----the 300 item. Good question on the regulator! I am putting
the embossed (Bat, Fld, Arm) cover on my 300F, but haven't been able to
locate any photographic evidence for either smooth or embossed. Since they
definately did not have decals like aftermarket regulators, it seems like the
embossments would be required. Also, smooth surface regulators could just be
aftermarket items that have lost their decals/stickers. Logic tells me to go
with the embossed. Sorry I can't give a more definitive answer. Anyone else
know of a guaranteed original 1960 regulator?
Incidently, the proper PN regulator I bought ("NOS"---actually Chrysler NORS)
had a sticker and no embossments. I just substituted the older cover.
On another topic, I have been following the 300C discussions with interest.
I believe I have to finally come to the sad conclusion that our beloved
Chrysler simply doesn't exist, and we might as well get used to it. DC is
Daimler Benz with a "Chrysler" division. Styling is very subjective, of
course, but I---as I seem to think the majority of you---would have prefered
the Hemi C convert for production.
Regarding Aussie Chris' choices for significant cars. Again, we all would
have our lists, I am sure. I am lucky to have owned two of his 3
choices---the 300C and the XK-E. Love them both. My Jag was a 1963 convert
purchased in 1964, and sold in about 1969 for $1250! My wife has never
forgiven me for that!! I still have my black 300C coupe---my first 300
acquired in 1963---and my candidate for favorite post-war American car. I
very much admire the Miura, as well, and repeatedly tried to find the owner
of a sad example sitting for years at a Sunoco station near Strongsville, OH.
Never could. Oh well, someone eventually did. 300ly, Gil Cunningham