Re: [Chrysler300] RE: '59 E & '61 G on e-bay

Re: [Chrysler300] RE: '59 E & '61 G on e-bay

Russ,

I think you are right about that.  I have an acquaintance who was doing
Ebay for a living and told me some things about it.  They play all kinds of
games to make money and think they are clever.  They consider it their
salesmanship and the point is to outsmart the buyers and make the maximum
money.  Many have no clue about what they are selling and also sell things
for others for a share of the profit.  They get a percentage.  I personally
have never bought anything on Ebay because I just don't like that
environment.  In some cases where they sell "new" merchandise it can be
questionable how they got it if you know what I mean.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer
Webmaster http://www.americandreamcars.com
Free Color Picture Ads for Collector Cars
One of the Ten Best Places To Buy or Sell a Collector Car on the Web

At 10:50 AM 1/22/2005, Russ Vaughan wrote:

>I would take eBay values with a grain of salt.   There is a lot of shill
>bidding going on in eBay motors.  Of the bidders on Levy's cars five bid
>on two cars and two bid on all three.
>
>I just bought a $400 '63 New Yorker parts car on eBay.  The seller was
>selling the car for an other person which was true.  By checking feedback
>on the bidders two routinely sold or bought craft supplies as did the
>seller.  Not one item showed automotive related much less Chrysler related
>in the bidder feedback. So these bidders out of the clear blue are buying
>a non running $400 Chrysler and just happen to have the same interests as
>the seller???????.   If that's the routine for a $400 car, what do you
>think it is for a $40,000 car????
>
>Russ Vaughan
>
>Brandt Jimerson <brandt300g@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Yes your right Tom! VERY interesting!! I have a #3 cond. G and if the
>auction had gone on, I probabley would have got a better idea of what my G
>hardtop is worth ( not that I ever plan to sell her, just gained knowledge
>of $ only for pride of ownership purposes.)  Also if anyone curious, that
>black '61 G used to be alaskan white like mine!  Sincerely and
>300ly,   Brandt H. Jimerson.
>
>TNHARKINS@xxxxxxx wrote:Hi Folks:
>It seems rather odd that after only 2 days, Mr. Bertel pulled both of these
>vehicles from e-bays auction.
>At the time he pulled them, both were listed as "Reserve Not Met"
>Top price offered for the '59 E was $50,109.00.
>Top offer for the '61 G was $33,277.00.
>Tom H
>300s4ever

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>Yahoo! Groups Links