Re: [Chrysler300] exhaust systems and my 2 cents

Re: [Chrysler300] exhaust systems and my 2 cents

Hi All

With all the bad flack I have heard about dissatisfied buyers of exhaust
systems there is no way I would order across country for a system only to
fight and ship back and fight it more.

Any custom made system, (that is what you are buying) regardless the shop
has to be custom fitted as it is fabricated. These after market vendors
say, "WE HAVE THE PATTERNS". Yea right.
Any custom made system is tested for fit until it ends at the rear at the
right spot with appropriate clearances.

When I get to fabricating my system I will go out and find a local shop
that will let me be there w/ my manual turned to "EXHAUST SYSTEM" and get
started. I will have my hangers in place and they will have to fit, fit,
and fit until they make it fit.
When I leave the system will fit.

Chryslers vendors would have had a fixture to follow, likely after many
trials and errors to get it right for production runs.

Good luck bending.

Gary

At 09:34 PM 01/27/2005 -0500, Pat Grant wrote:

>there was a thread a few months ago about various exhaust system
>suppliers. at the time i had a complete set of  uninstalled pipes for my
>58 dodge from waldrons in michigan. i had reserved judgement on his
>quality because the first set i got from him was for my G and he didnt
>supply the whole set -only from the crossover back. nothing fit very well
>but i didnt really know which supplier to blame having got Mrs Blass set
>coming off the engine.  well, i know now who to blame.  the set for the
>dodge is all his and it fits  horrible. have had to have two pieces rebent
>and they still have only half inch clearance at the back axle.based on my
>experience i certainly would not patronize him. pat grant

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>Yahoo! Groups Links