Re: [Chrysler300] exhaust systems and my 2 cents

Re: [Chrysler300] exhaust systems and my 2 cents

Absolutely correct!
When the original pipes were bent, a straight pipe was fed into the
bender. As it was fed thru the machine, it was rotated and bent,
rotated this way, bent, rotated that way and bent some more. Now in a
custom shop, they do it by hand. And even if they have "patterns", all
it has to be is 1/8 off on rotation, and the other end might be a foot
out of place.

I ordered a new Stainless exhaust for my 300L years ago from those NJ
folks. They came from a famous shop in Florida, and not only weren't
stainless, they didn't fit. I ended up getting most of my money back
and kept the pipes. With some torch work and pry bars, I got them on so
they didn't rattle.

I had duals made for my Dakota, and he made 8-10 trips from the truck
to the machine and back. Just tweaking it a little each time. Now each
side is a perfect fit.

Ray
It's getting time for y'all to be polishing up your rides for the
Spring Meet! Be there, or be Square!  Ray

Give the gift of life to a sick child.