Re: [Chrysler300] re flash chroming hubcaps

Re: [Chrysler300] re flash chroming hubcaps

HI FERN, I'VE BEEN TELLING THE SO CALLED EXPERTS FOR YEARS THE SS TRIM &
HUBCAPS WERE FLASH PLATED, BUT THEY REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM
AN OPEN MIND. YOUR BEST BET IS TO HAVE THEM POLISHED, SINCE IT GIVES A BRIGHTER
FINISH. THE CHROME HAS A YELLOWISH TINT. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF HAVING THEM
REFLASH PLATED. THE REASON THE POLISHING IS EXPENSIVE IS THEY HAVE TO BURN THROUGH
THE FLASH PLATING TO TO GET TO THE BARE STAINLESS. THE FLASH PLATING STARTED
DURING THE WAR YEARS WHEN IRON WAS ADDED TO THE STAINLESS. THE FLASH PLATING
GAVE IT A MORE DURABLE FINISH. THE PRACTICE CONTINUED AFTER THE WAR WHEN THE
STAINLESS WAS MADE MORE PURE. I'VE PUT THE POLISHED CAPS NEXT TO THE ORIGINAL
FLASH PLATED & POLISHED IS THE WAY TO GO. GOOD LUCK, STEVE ESTOK, IN 93 & SUNNY
WITH PM SHOWERS, PUNTA GORDA, FL

Yahoo! Groups Links