Re: [Chrysler300] Disc brake conversions-Ram J/K?

Re: [Chrysler300] Disc brake conversions-Ram J/K?

Hi folks,
I know this subject comes up from time to time, but has anyone succesfully installed a front disc brake conversion on a J or K with the remote booster?  I seem to recall that one club member had loss of braking due to the residual valve (in the booster?).  I think there was another tale, maybe from the same Club member, of brake pads wearing out in 4000 miles, which I could live with.   Pads are cheap & easy to get for the GM calipers used in the AAJ conversion, so I wouldn't mind changing them once or twice a year.
The AAJ disc brake conversion on my '64 Newport works great - stops are far more consistent, though I will soon be changing to a dual master cylinder setup - there's a lot more travel in the brake pedal than I like, due to the greater volume of fluid necessary to activate the discs versus the drums - with emergency stops, the pedal is right to the floor.
John Spiers
64 Ram K convertible
64 Newport convertible

mwl1967@xxxxxxx wrote:
AAJBRAKES.COM

After speaking with several club members I purchased a kit from Roger for  my
'64.  It's simple and cost effective. Uses inexpensive late model MoPar
rotors and equally inexpensive and readily available GM calipers. Also lets you
retain your 14" wheels if you desire.

Mike Laiserin

Chrysler 300 Chrysler sebring Chrysler town country Club international

Yahoo! Groups Links