Re: [Chrysler300] Need Help With Paint

In my experience, Eastwood is a horrible place to go. I purchased brake drum paint a few years back during one of their mid-winter sales. When I went to use two of the cans in the spring, I got nothing, wouldn't spray a drop. Tough luck according to them, they're over sixty days old, what do you expect????????? To console me, they did reveal  that their old policy was thirty days and at great jeopardy to their bottom line they extended it to sixty. I have cans years old that still work, I expect cans a few months old to work no problem, especially at the prices they charge.

Any good PBE (body shop) supplier will have (or have access to) the codes for every color on the car. They then can mix a batch in a quality paint like PPG, RM, DuPont or whatever they sell. Some can even make their own spray cans and put your custom mixed paint in if you don't have access to a compressor and a spray gun.  Really though, spray cans are OK  for touch up or small parts, but no one who does a quality restoration uses spray cans.

JMHO

Russ Vaughan

eqrode@xxxxxxx wrote:
I can't help you with color much Tony but the _www.eastwoodco.com_
(http://www.eastwoodco.com)  is a great resource for  specialized paints, among other
things.  Without doubt they will have  the paints you require.

Ed Rode

Chrysler 300 Chrysler sebring Chrysler town country Club international

Yahoo! Groups Links