[Chrysler300] What do you use your car for?

[Chrysler300] What do you use your car for?

Aside from the usual wash,wax,admire,restore and take
to the occasional car show--What do you use your
collector car for?

I ask this because we use our 300 for 3-4 fund raising
picnics per year.

Each year our Rotary Club has a fund raising auction
and we donate "A Mystery Tour and Gourmet Picnic in
America's Fastest Car" . A picture of the car is
featured on a placard with a description of the feast
provided. Lucky bidders are treated to a 4-6 hour
event on a lovely summer afternoon featuring a drive
to a unique park or location outside the city. My wife
prepares a feast only found in a 4 star restaurant. We
bring our own tables, fold up gazebo and chairs.
Everything fits into the trunk of the 300.

We generally provide a similar offer to other fund
raising events in our community and every time we get
taken up on the offer. People bid for the feast but
are enthralled with the beast (brute).

One doctor that we hosted last year went out and
bought Robert Ackermans book on the 300 so he was
knowledgeable for the afternoon drive. The car
commands a lot of attention in this venue.

Our guests this past weekend were surprised to find
seat belts for their safety after I warned them there
was no FM Radio, No CD player,No air bags, no seat
warmers, no air conditioning, and yes the headlights
are on even though they are dim.

Someone enquired about gas mileage. once I explained
that 94 octane was now $4.80 a gallon (CDN) and add to
that an octane booster at $12.00 per can, I preferred
not to calculate the cost.

We really enjoy these outings as it gives a
alternative purpose to owning a collector car.

Anybody else have unique uses for their car?

Paul Martin
300F
Vancouver BC

http://mail.yahoo.com