From: "rob kern" <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "stephen schieser" <sjschry70@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 57 Chrysler power steering pump

Steer & Gear referred me to the dudes in Minnesota that I had to threaten to
contact the Minnesota Attorney General's Office for fraud.  Steer & Gear
send out the Thompson pumps to this outfit and after the frackas was over
last June they admitted that the work done by the Minnesota outfit was
sketchy.  Steer & Gear doesn't have the cores or the replacement pump parts
for the Thompson.  JUST CONTACT JEFF CARTER AT JC AUTO. I can't be clearer,
3 years, over $1000 wasted, a lost reservoir cap, the car out of commission
for a total of 6 weeks without a PS pump, and immeasurable frustration.
This is truly an issue of being "penny-wise and pound-foolish".  I contacted
15 outfits throughout the U.S. and Canada thinking that they would have the
parts and the ability to service/rebuild the pump....NADA. Then I called JC
Auto and asked Buzz (Jeff's assistant while Jeff was recuperating from knee
surgery) if he had anyone to recommend and he said that they do them, have
the cores, replacement parts and bench test before shipping!! DUH! I felt
like Ralph Kramden making like a deer in the headlights for the name that
tune final score for 64K and not recognizing Swannee River that Norton had
been warming up on for all their practice sessions. Problem solved!  300'ly,
ROB KERN