RE: [Chrysler300] 1962 300 convertible windshield removal

RE: [Chrysler300] 1962 300 convertible windshield removal

Patience...
And a plastic popsicle stick. Unless the gasket is already torn and rotten,
unlock it correctly and save/sell it.

Unlock the flap (I use a metal hook with smoothed point), then start
massaging the outer lip. The plastic scraper thingy (GaryG or GaryN) is used
to break the bond to the glass inside & out. Once the outer bond is broken,
the outer lip can be pushed out/away (like a fingernail cuticle).  Loosen
it-up inside & out.  Don't push on the glass 'til you're sure the majority
of the seal is broken. It can realistically take an hour. If you're
tired/cranky/in a hurry, walk away and come back later.

>From the inside of the car, push outward on the glass -- with your feet (if
there's still a front seat to sit on -- or with a shoulder. Push only hard
enough to flex the rubber gasket -- ideally with your neighbor - or spouse
looking for movement on the outside. Push all around the upper perimeter to
loosen the seal....little here, little there. From the inside, you will hear
progress rather than seeing it. Once you hear progress, go outside again and
massage the rubber seal even more.

Repeat.

The key is light, even pressure; SPREAD out as much as possible. Once it is
obviously free at the top, work the remaining gasket loose from the bottom;
either from the metal or from the glass.  Once its out, use the GoJo
solution for refreshing the rubber gasket.

So far, no broken glass (fingers crossed) on maybe 14 frt/rear glass and
have never cut a gasket. Just stung by a few bees while doing it in GA
junkyards. What price junk!  Good luck jerry.