Re: [Chrysler300] two questions

Gary Barker wrote:

> John I know what your talking about on the drain back.  Number one, a
> full carburetor can not drain back. The fuel comes in at the highest
> point in the fuel bowel.  and can't drain back or even be sucked back.
> If you disconnect the fuel line from the carburetor and the fuel bowel
> is full the engine will idle for almost 2 minutes before it runs out of
> fuel, which is plenty of time for the fuel pump to catch up.
>   So I have come to the conclusion that either the fuel bowel is leaking
> fuel out when setting or  what I really believe is this so called gas
> we are using is evaporating so much quicker than are old gas.  and
> possibly the choke setting.   I have a 63 Dodge 426 with 2X4's , A 1969
> Dodge Power Wagon 383 4 bbl.  They both will start as fast as you can
> turn the key when warm, But when they have set for a week or two its
> grind, grind, grind.   In fact the Truck has the Gas tank inside behind
> the seat.  When its tank is full the gas level is almost as high as the
> carburetor.    I should put a electric fuel pump on a cure the problem.
>
>    My 3 cents worth.   Gary Barker

these old carbs ( at least the WCFB's )  Have A Vent CAP,  covers a nice
sized HOLE that opens directly into the fuel storage area of the carbs.
Has no one thought that this might offer an avenue for evaporation to
occur????????????????????  Old carbs are Not sealed systems!!!!

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM