Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 Balancer/Pulley Scenario

Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 Balancer/Pulley Scenario

Matt, sounds like the balancer ring is migrating on the hub. You might
want to check for TDC, and see if the mark is lined up with the mark on
the front cover. Pull #1 plug, and bring up the mark. put a straw in
the plug hole and as you get to TDC the straw will stop coming out and
start to go back down. The Balancer mark should be in line with the
cover index mark.
If they don't line up, the ring is moving on the hub. You could also
remove the pulleys and see if the ring has moved back. Look around the
cover and see if the ring is touching also.

Let us know, Ray

On Jul 28, 2006, at 9:51 AM, Matt Allyn wrote:

> Hello All -
>
>  On a 1962 300 with Air, there are 2 belt drive pulleys in front of
> the harmonic balancer and then pulleys for the power steering and fan
> in front of that. What would be the cause of the rear a/c pulleys
> moving forward of the balancer? In other words, the big center bolt
> can still be felt down there, but there is a good size gap between the
> front of the balancer and the rear of the a/c pulleys.
>
>  Before I go tearing into it, I just wondered if someone could refresh
> my memory...
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Yahoo! Groups Links