RE: [Chrysler300] '60 / '61 Starter availability?

RE: [Chrysler300] '60 / '61 Starter availability?

Mike, Tony et al

Mike, until the day someone proves me wrong, I do not believe that there is
an aftermarket starter that will fit the early cast-iron torqueflite cars.
Regrettably. Because I have  Jap gear reduction starters in all of  my '62
and younger Mopars and those things are the BEST. But they only fit 1962 and
up, with the aluminium trans and the modern torque converter

Perhaps Mancini does sell something...  maybe a call to them would be in
order..  please report back to the list if you find out anything.  As far as
I know, the only way to go  on cast iron Torqueflite cars is with an
original starter.

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY

  _____